Chocolate

Posted by Anthony North on January 31, 2013

Do I loan my books? I’m a non-
materialist kind of guy but that goes
regarding my books. Loan them? Never.
They’re mine!!! And I’m the same with
chocolate, the subject of the
MicroNovel below.

CHOCOLATE
A Strange Romance
Wotdunit MicroNovel
by
Blogger Bard
***

Ch 1. She was reading when it came; & eating chocolate. They say too much pleasure leads to pain – & it hurt as the entity entered her head.

Ch 2. That’s how it began – for her. For me? When I found the body of the old man, smeared in, and choked by, chocolate. I called the cops.

Ch 3. The cops put the death down to erotic play. I didn’t. I asked around – got a description of a girl who visited. Then, another death.

Ch 4. It was developing into serial killing by chocolate. He was young. I got a break when I learnt of his old girlfriend. The same woman?

Ch 5. I tracked her down. She asked me in. Pretty, 25, her eyes stared. She was gorging on chocolate. Talking, she wasn’t herself, but many.

Ch 6. Chocolate: a great pleasure, yet indulgence so close to insanity. ‘Twas clear the girl needed help. I took her to a hypnotist friend.

Ch 7. Yes, good reader, she was possessed. Many incarnations came thru; a history of lovers since chocolate was invented. And the last one?

Ch 8. When the 1st victim was younger, he had jilted her, driving her to suicide. She had come back for revenge. ‘Twas the one tale she told.

Ch 9. A mind full of so many jilted loves. Is there any wonder she hated, killed, gorged!!? I decided to help her. Oh, I was such a fool!

Ch 10. The cops getting close, I hid her. She was grateful. Her gorging slowed from a love to a peck in the cheek. We had sex. But my wife!?

Ch 11. Was I mad? An affair with an insane killer on the run? And my wife … Did she suspect? That look in her eyes & … gorging …

Ch 12. When a woman eats chocolate, it’s sex. When gorged they eat for jilted lovers all. Now? Both of them. Bowls of chocolate – my throat!

Ch 13. The cops found me in time. 2 more for the asylum of lost love. They gorge regularly. Men! Keep a watchful eye for the Chocky Monster.

You’ve read them. Now Meet the Team
More MicroNovels here

Theme Thursday
Booking Thru Thursday
Thursday 13

I, CRIME WRITER
by Anthony North
Free eBook
Flash Fiction in crime genre
Download FREE to most apps & devices
If you like, tell your friends

23 Comments

1. Laurel-Rain Snow said on January 31, 2013

Lending books is a rare thing for me…here’s MY BTT POST

2. Gigi Ann said on January 31, 2013

I do loan out books that I have already read. However, I draw the line with books I haven’t read yet.

3. Harvee@BookDilettante said on January 31, 2013

I rarely buy chocolates. I too would gorge! Here’s my full BTT Post On Lending Books

4. Anthony North said on January 31, 2013

Hi Laurel-Rain, yes, same here.

Hi Gigi Ann, I don’t blame you.

Hi Harvee, ah, so easy to do.

5. Kimberly Menozzi said on January 31, 2013

Now that’s a unique tale, well told. 🙂

6. Anthony North said on January 31, 2013

Hi Kimberly, thanks for that. much appreciated.

7. ladynimue said on January 31, 2013

Oh! this was so so fun !
    🙂

8. Anthony North said on January 31, 2013

Hi Nimue, many thanks. Glad you liked it.

9. Tribute Books Mama said on January 31, 2013

If I do lend a book out, it usually is after I have read it.

10. Jenna Bayley-Burke said on January 31, 2013

I’m with Gigi… I’ll loan a book I’ve read, but won’t risk a story I haven’t enjoyed yet.

11. Heather L said on January 31, 2013

Certainly puts a new twist on “death by chocolate.” I only loan books I’ve already read to a couple of trusted people. One friend and I regularlyshare books.

12. Anthony North said on January 31, 2013

Hi Tribute Books Mama, best way.

Hi Jenna, I don’t blame you.

Hi Heather, it certainly is; but what a way to go.

13. Stephanie Sullivan said on January 31, 2013

I’m pretty protective over my books, so it’s a rare occasion when I loan one to someone. LOL. Great post, Anthony! Happy Thursday!

14. Shelley Munro said on January 31, 2013

I’m not big on lending my books. Love the death by chocolate premise 🙂

15. Anthony North said on February 1, 2013

Hi Stephanie, thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Hi Shelley, yea, puts a new slant on chocolate, I think 😉

16. LadyInRead said on February 2, 2013

agree with your thoughts about lending books and chocolate (mine….like my kids say about most things)..
    and love your microfiction as always.

17. Anthony North said on February 2, 2013

Hi LadyInRead, ah, yes, those books are precious. Many thanks for that.

18. Mrsupole said on February 2, 2013

Truly one of the best ways to go. But it really does show that nothing can come between a women and her chocolate. LOL

And I guess I never thought much about whether I lend out books or not, which now that you have me thinking about it, the answer is NOT. Although I will give them away, otherwise I would have had to rent out a building to house them all. I have left many boxes of books at our local library. It actually feels good to donate them knowing that many others will be able to read them.

Thanks for sharing another great story for this weeks Theme Thursday. Hope you are having a chocolate filled weekend.

God bless.

19. Anthony North said on February 2, 2013

Hi Mrsupole, thanks for that. Yes, I tend to shed lots of books every time I move house, which I have done often in my life. I often regret getting rid of some of them, though.

20. Kay said on February 2, 2013

LOL love the death by chocolate micro novel … Especially appropriate right before the choco-holiday Valentines Day

21. Anthony North said on February 2, 2013

Hi Kay, thanks for that. Yes, a timely posting, I think.

22. California Girl said on February 3, 2013

Chocolate = sex? Perhaps for some. It is certainly pleasurable and decadent. Most of us feel “naught” if we overindulge. Ah well.

23. Anthony North said on February 4, 2013

Hi California Girl, ah, I’m a great believer that any physical pleasure leads to pain if overindulged.